Subgrant Expenditure Requests:
Recipients may request reimbursement for expenses incurred during the grant period on either a monthly or quarterly basis. To request reimbursement, the recipient must submit a financial report within thirty days of a month’s end date or thirty days of the quarter’s end date. Please download the Subgrant Expenditure Report (SER) cover form below and submit by mail along with a hard copy of the SER for the respective reporting period. CJCC will not grant reimbursement requests that are not submitted as instructed. SERs should be submitted by mail to:
Attn: Juvenile Justice Incentive Grant
Criminal Justice Coordinating Council
104 Marietta Street, NW, Suite 440
Atlanta, GA 30303
*Please note, the instructions above for submitting expenditure reports are specific to all Juvenile Justice grant awards and may be different for other grant awards.
All grantees are required to complete and return the following documents by mail with each reimbursement request. This will better assist us with applying/categorizing expenses to the appropriate budget categories.
When submitting monthly/quarterly SERs, each grantee is required to:
- Complete the respective SER with appropriate signatures
- Complete and submit a printed copy the JJ Unit Cover Form (see attached electronic excel document). Please be sure to specify the subgrant number and the appropriate SER # on the cover page of the Excel document. This number can be found in the top right corner of your pre-printed Subgrant Expenditure Report/Request for Funds form.
- Include a printed copy for each budget category to accompany the completed expenditure report outlining the expenditures requested for each budget category (Please print each applicable tab(s): Coversheet, Personnel, Equipment, Supplies, Travel, Printing, Other)
- Apply the appropriate accounting code per expense when possible when completing the Excel document
We are aware that there is not a specific accounting code for each individual expense, If you are unable to locate the appropriate accounting code you may move forward with completing and submitting the form without specifying a specific code and the expense will be coded accordingly once reviewed.
Subgrant Adjustment Requests:
Occasionally subgrantees may also need to change/update any of the following on a grant:
- Primary and secondary contact information;
- A budget modification within currently approved budget categories;
- An extension on the project's lifecycle;
- Personnel changes (either changes in the persons funded or the percent of time spent on the grant).
To request any of the above, subgrantees must complete a Subgrant Adjustment Request (SAR) form and submit the form to the appropriate grant auditor. Refer to your grant auditor/specialist for this document.
Per the special conditions of the Juvenile Justice Incentive Grant Program and Title II Formula Grant Awards: 25% of the awarded funding must be expended each quarter of the grant cycle. Any unused funds will be retained by the Council to be managed by the Juvenile Justice Funding Committee.
*Please note, reimbursement requests will not be approved until the appropriate Progress Report is submitted/received for the respective quarter. For those reporting directly to CVIOG, all data reports must be up-to-date before reimbursement requests are approved.*
Monthly Data Reports
Please adhere to the Carl Vincent Institute of Government's deadlines when submitting monthly data reports.
Quarterly Progress Reports
In addition to the data reporting, each grant-funded court must complete and submit a quarterly report no later than 30 days following the end of each quarter.
Quarterly Report Timetable:
|Quarter 1||July 1 - September 30||Due: October 30|
|Quarter 2||October 1 - December 31||Due: January 30|
|Quarter 3||January 1 - March 31||Due: April 30|
|Quarter 4||April 1 - June 30||Due: July 30|
For more information about financial reporting, please contact Grant and Program Specialist.