Under the Georgia Open Records Act, all public records are available for inspection and copying unless they are specifically exempted from disclosure under the law. If a government agency or custodian of public records withholds a public document from production under an Open Records Request, they must cite to the specific statutory provision of Georgia law that exempts the record from being produced.
A request to inspect or copy records may be made either orally or in writing. For purposes of documenting and clarifying the scope and timing of the request, it is a better practice to make the request in writing. Please note any attachments must be sent in PDF format.
Please submit your request to Open Records.
Service of Process Designee
Pursuant to O.C.G.A. 50-21-35, CJCC must identify designees for service of process for civil actions brought against the state. The following individuals will serve as designees for the Georgia Criminal Justice Coordinating Council:
- Robert Thornton, Grants and Policy Division Director/General Counsel
- Dannielle Lewis, Communications and External Affairs Director
- Madeline Lara, Executive Assistant/Council Liaison
- Le’Vonn Jordan, Procurement and Operations Manager
- Shacora Nelson, Administrative Assistant
104 Marietta Street, NW - Suite 440
Atlanta, GA 30303