Work Group 1: Community Awareness and Education
Chaired by Georgia Commission on Women (Karla Jacobs)
- Work Group 1 is focused on community training and industry-specific training.
- In the past, Work Group 1 worked predominantly with the hospitality industry helping hotels comply with Georgia’s notification law which requires them to publicly post the human trafficking hotline number.
- 2022 initiatives:
- Project 1 – Continue to provide our series of online Conversations with an Expert programs. These one-hour programs designed for victim services providers, members of law enforcement, activists, and community members dive deep into narrow topics pertinent to human trafficking. We will hold one CWE program each quarter.
- Project 2 – Create comprehensive toolkits for various types of industry training. We will use the toolkit for the hotel industry we created previously as a model. As our initial project, we will create a training toolkit for faith-based organizations.
- Project 3 – Provide updated posters with Georgia’s new human trafficking hotline number to Georgia hotels.
- Work Group 1 will continue to provide train the trainer sessions for our hotel training program, Understanding and Recognizing Child Sex Trafficking: Training for Hotel Staff, upon request.