O.C.G.A. § 17-15-16 provides that the portion of the forensic interview used for the identification of the interviewee’s needs may be paid for by the Georgia Crime Victims Compensation Program (CVCP) for crimes occurring in Georgia on or after July 1, 2014. CVCP can pay up to $200.00 per victim, per victimization (when funding is available) if a completed application is submitted to the CVCP and the following provisions have been met:
- The FI is for a person who is less than 18 years of age or a developmentally disabled adult.
- The FI is conducted in the context of a multidisciplinary and diagnostic team, or in a specialized setting such as a Child Advocacy Center.
- The results of the FI are for the identification of the interviewee’s needs, including social services, personal advocacy, case management, substance abuse treatment, and mental health services. As such, a copy of the referral information must be submitted with the Application for Payment. The provider may submit this information on their agency’s form(s) or on the below Forensic Interview Referral Document (FIRD). If using their agency’s form(s), they must provide all of the information requested on the FIRD.
- The interviewer has specialized training to conduct FIs appropriate to the developmental age and abilities of children, or the developmental, cognitive, and physical or communication disabilities presented by adults.
- The interviewer submits a copy of their license or training certificate with the initial Application for Payment.
- All sections of the Application for Payment are completed. Incomplete applications will not be processed and will be returned to the person that submitted the application, noting the reason the application is incomplete.
- The acknowledgement section of the Application for Payment is signed by the person that conducted the FI (we must have an application with an original signature on file before we can remit payment).
- All charges/services associated with the FI are itemized and submitted with the Application for Payment (only those expenses for the actual FI will be considered for payment).